Dental work in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRT

not a soft touch
Reaction score
I needed a dental bridge and got an estimate in the US of $3000 or more. Started thinking about our upcoming trip to Cozumel and did some searching for dentists there. I contacted Yazmin Ibrahim Mohamed Alfie who has an office at the corner of 10th Ave and 5th Street. We exchanged a lot of emails, she gave me a price and I made an appointment. I'm back in the USA now and want to say that I like her, her humor, her price and her work. A gold bridge with the tooth colored finish was $1700. Paid for the tickets and some other things. Thumbs up!

Reactions: Jax
We always go to Progresso Mexico. We get better dental work in Mexico than we do in the US. Extraction $20, Cap about $100. I had my whole mouth done for $1500. Outstanding work. I haven't done anything in COZ; but, it sounds okay. BTW, Progresso has over 200 dentists in one area.

We always go to Progresso Mexico. We get better dental work in Mexico than we do in the US. Extraction $20, Cap about $100. I had my whole mouth done for $1500. Outstanding work. I haven't done anything in COZ; but, it sounds okay. BTW, Progresso has over 200 dentists in one area.

Is this Progreso on the border are the one in the Yucatan?

Let the tooth be told!

Not to question the quality of the many other fine dentists available but Dr Alejandra Nova Carus is a diver and avid Lionfish hunter. Last summer I had an eight unit zirconium bridge manufactured and installed and she worked around my daily dive schedule. I did not miss single day of diving and the work and pricing was excellent.

On a side note, I was wandering around the town recently I noticed a lot of building and remodeling at the various hospitals and clinics. I would not be surprised if many these facilities were not positioning themselves to branch into the medical tourism industry.

I tried shopping for denture work in Coz but it seemed they all used labs in Mexico city which delayed the process too much. Ended up going with a Cancun dentistry with faster work.

Mine was done in a lab in Cozumel.

Mine was done in a lab in Cozumel.
Great. Progress happens when there is business to be had. My searching was done 5 years ago. I got started with a Cancun company and went back last May for replacements. I figured on seeing them on the first and last day of the trip, but had to go back for a fitting mid-trip, and that sucked. If these wear out before I do, I'll try to do it all in Coz next time - years from now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom