Denver Aquarium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nuts4koi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dove with the sharks in the Denver Aquarium yesterday. What a great experience. The big Sand Tiger sharks very slowly swam around and over us, sometimes having to be redirected with a push stick. We had a Green Sawfish male that is new to the aquarium, that was very curious about us and frequently had to be redirected. I was told he had come from an aquarium where he was the only one in the exhibit. Now Denver has three of these magnificent creatures. I realize this is not like being in the open ocean with them, but still it was great fun.:D

Hi Nuts,

I too have dove the shark dive at the Denver Aquarium and I can only echo what you say here - it's a GREAT dive. A lot of fun - especially if you happen to do one of the dives where you get to play with the "guests" of the aquarium (Rock-paper-scissors is a favorite though the glass). One time I wrote "Got any bait?" on my slate - that got a laugh.

The Sand Tigers are ugly and beautiful at the same time - when one came by, one of the teeth fell off the front and I caught it - still have it. :)

Even though it's a little pricey (but includes a divemaster/sharkmaster and rental of equipment - you cannot bring your own for the safety of the animals) this dive is SOOOOO worth it. A-1 does an excellent job guiding and running the program, and the Denver Aquarium does an excellent job hosting!

Regards,

-S

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom