Depth difference of 0.4m between two Perdixes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is where id start- check not only the gas switching but make sure the correct gas was turned on in the first place - the dive profile will show any spike in po2 to get a high cns

dive-profile.png

Sorry guys, thanks for the quick replies, I completely forgot I posted this.

Interesting, mine is showing surface pressure of 1039, this looks like it could be the problem. Is there a way to calibrate this without a factory reset?

Definitely switched at the right time.

Its not a calabration it is a setting. adjust it to 1013 where it belongs what you have . exagerated is a setting that says sea pressure is 16 psi per inch and not 14.7 psi in another measurement system . Isnt 1 atm something like 30.06 inches of mercury or 30.06 ft of water i am going to guess that the difference from x is to 30.06 is the same as 1039 is to 1013. Either way change the setting and then see how it works as far as error goes. sitting inthe house when teh HVAC cycles on and off the 1013 curent value changes. Im hveing problems finding how to change the sealevel value. it may only be available in tech mode. You could possibly do a reset to factory settngs i may have to go to my predator to see if it is a manual setting. my petrel is not letting me change it or change to sea level vs auto for the altitude setting. Fm shearwater manual:

All values are in absolute atmospheres [ata] of pressure (1 ata = 1.013 Bar) or 10013 mbar

Altitude The altitude setting when set to ‘Auto’ will compensate for pressure changes when diving at altitude. If all your diving is at sea level, then setting this to ‘SeaLvl’ will assume that surface pressure is always 1013 mBar (1 atmosphere). Further, when diving at altitude, you must turn the computer on at the surface. If the auto-on safety feature is allowed to turn the computer on after a dive has started then the computer assumes the surface pressure is 1013 mBar. If at altitude this could result in incorrect decompression calculations.

Shearwater Research ... The Perdix turns on automatically when the absolute pressure is greater than 1100 millibar (mbar). ... For reference, normal sea level pressure is 1013 mbar and 1 mbar of pressure corresponds to ... For example, when at 2000 m (6500 ft) altitude the atmospheric pressure is only about 800 mbar.

I just got mine to change form auto to sea level. You hav eto change modes to tec to do it. i went to OC Tec and did it there adn then returned to OC rec. still working on changing the 1013 value.

Ok I changed my petrel to tech and changed the altitude to sea level From the main screen using the right button it shows surf now fixed at 1013 while the other value changes.

When I return to OC rec I am again locked out of changing the altitude mode and it is fixed to auto .i would have thought that it would be fixed in sea level. Perhaps its a non tech diver protection in case you screw up the tec setting and after shifting to rec mode you get the surface pressure assigned to use in all altitudes. I do remember my predator I think when it came to altitude you just entered the 1013 or the pressure at the altitude you are diving at. I am going to guess that,,,, that process is too easy to hurt yourself if you do not have a aviation grade pressure source available to put in the proper value setting.

Hee is another thought. are ou turning yru puter on on the surface and getting the 1039 or at depth. there is some reading that coers that . something about it uses the final last 15 samples to etermine what teh surf pressure will be used when you turn it on again. I dont think that is a factor in this case bercause when yo turned it off and back on it should have updated to the local surf pressure. The symptoms suggest that you turned the puter off near the surface and not on the surface. It would cause what you are seeing. if that was the case. I dont think it is. do soem checks on your area. look up the barometric presure and change it to milibars to see it if matches your 1039 or if it should be something else. a bad sensor is still not off the table.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom