Deputy Kent Mundell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rock2r

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Kent Mundell, a Deputy Sheriff with Pierce County, WA Sheriff's Dept. passed away at 5:00pm on 12/28/2009. A memorial will be held for him at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, WA on 1/8/10.

I won't get into the details of his passing, however a simple google search of his name will provide the story.

Kent was just beginning to purchase his own gear and was so stoked about it! When we met in early December, we were discussing a common regret we both shared; that of waiting so late in life to become certified.

Not sure if Kent was a SB member or not, but he was passionate about diving!

We have way to much bad news here as of late.

Rock2r
I checked out Officer Down web site.
There is a brief about Deputy Mundell on their site.
Thank you for the information and may God be with his family and carry them through these tough times. As well as the family of the "bad guy", they too have suffered a loss.
It is always a shame when news of a brother or sister in law is taken away by someone else's hand.
He, Deputy Mundell, did get the "bad guy".

We've had a spate of senseless LEO deaths here lately. This one was particularly senseless. They weren't even trying to arrest the dude ... they were offering him a ride home.

RIP Officer Mundell ... may your family find peace and comfort ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Here is the Officer Down link for our fallen brother Deputy Sheriff Kent Mundell, Pierce County Sheriff's Department

Prayers go out to his family and to the State of WA that has had an awful end to 2009 hope 2010 is much better. No prayers to the suspects families.... he got what he deserved. I've been involved in a "Suicide by Cop" shooting and the wife was in the house during it. She right away understood that we had to do what we did. I didn't hear once say anything ill willed about us. Big Kudos and a heartfelt thanks for the family members that assisted Kent though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom