• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Design Issue with Sea & Sea YS-D1

Discussion in 'Sea&Sea' started by geo88, May 24, 2018.

1. geo88

geo88 Angel Fish

I just had my main compartment flooded on the 1st check out Dive at Tubbataha last week. I have not dived for 1.5 years and the unit are checked at the water pail for leaks and then power up at 5m with no issue. Then at 15m when I want to shoot something, I noticed there is no LED light on the strobe and saw bubble at the front of the strobe! I though I have screwed up the battery O-ring. Upon surface, i found my batteries and battery compartment are absolutely dry! Water has entered the strobe through the split line of the main compartment.

This strobe is a replacement strobe given by Sea & Sea Japan as the original I bought had firmware issue (intermittent green/red light and can't fire) during a dive trip in 2014. I not being diving regularly and the strobe has only about 30 dives over last 4 years. The dealer who sold me the strobes told me it being sometime (more than 4 years) since I had it and Sea & Sea recommend to service the Strobe every 2 years as per the Manual!!!! Obviously this also mean Sea & Sea is not going to take responsible for this flooding.

My question is YS-D1 and YS-D2 has more or less the same design. How many cases of this has happened?? I don't see this kind of factory sealed flooding on Inon or Ikelite.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2018