Desired Light from Mb-Sub

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally agree on a Mb-sub variable focus 800 lumen model. Another wish for Michael. I bought the X1-800 and its a nice light but I find the beam a little wide for conditions other than clear.

That's a good point. Looking at the PDF doc on the X1 series. It looks like you should be able to put the VB (variable beam) lens on the X1-800. It also reads: "All components can be freely combined with each other." If so the only question is if we can purchase the light in this configuration. I wouldn't mind having this as a excellent backup.

That's a good point. Looking at the PDF doc on the X1 series. It looks like you should be able to put the VB (variable beam) lens on the X1-800. It also reads: "All components can be freely combined with each other." If so the only question is if we can purchase the light in this configuration. I wouldn't mind having this as a excellent backup.

This is a misunderstanding! You can combine all LED heads of the X1 serie with each battery handles of the X1 serie.

The LED in the X1-800 is completely useless for the vario-beam optic.
A smaller diameter of the lamp with VB has for result a significantly low level of efficiency

Michael

I can understand that there it might not be feasible with the current X1-800 lamp - but what we are talking about here is what would be VERY desirable from a user standpoint - a Variable Beam Light with 800 lumen out put. Just a wish list item.

The Raider 1 (larger) sock works with my X1-VB (C). The Raider 3 sock (smaller) works with my wife's Intova back-up.

I understand Oxycheq now makes an adjustable sock that will fit almost any light.

Since I am now playing with UW Video, it is great to have the light strapped to my hand, leaving my fingers uncluttered to work the camera/lights (doubles as a focus light when zoomed out).

The Raider 1 (larger) sock works with my X1-VB (C). The Raider 3 sock (smaller) works with my wife's Intova back-up.

I understand Oxycheq now makes an adjustable sock that will fit almost any light.

Since I am now playing with UW Video, it is great to have the light strapped to my hand, leaving my fingers uncluttered to work the camera/lights (doubles as a focus light when zoomed out).

Thanks for the info. I was going to buy the universal light sock for my X1-VB (AA) but the part that velcro s around the hand was too big and would not adjust small enough for my very small hands. From memory I went with the R1 for my X1 (tight fit) but found it difficult to adjust the beam while in the sock. Yeah I had the R3 sock for my old Intovas, OMS and Solus worked great with those lights.

Back
Top Bottom