Desperate for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, did not mean to click on quote. Meant to thank uncfnp for the link, that is perhaps the most lucid info. I have come across. Yes, there is more going on with me. I am producing frequent runs of doubles and triples, and recently an isolated quad. Strangely not during aerobic workout, and as I said, I can produce a normal ecg over a few minutes sometimes.

With me it happened laying down, presumably because of increased preload and stretching of the cardiac muscle. At Duke we actually consider 3 or more PVCs in a row to be a run of ventricular tachycardia, but once you get to a "quad" most places will call that a four-beat run of ventricular tachycardia. I hope you can get some relief, and please proceed with caution. With cardiac issues and diving it's always better safe than sorry.

Best regards,
DDM

Not to be a Debbie Downer and I am probably over thinking it but ... it might be worthwhile to see if your dive destinations have automatic defibrillators available should you decide to proceed with your travel plans.

Check with Dr. Doug Ebersole

he's frequently here, on staff and is a cardiologist. Last here Thursday

DDM amd uncfnp are also medical professionals.

Last edited:
Ventricular tachycardia can kill you, on land or under the sea. A short run of Vtach might be a premonitory sign. I would pay attention to your cardiologist's suggestions.

Despite the prior warnings, some excellent advice (as usual) on SB!

Caffeine - 1to 4 cups coffee/tea, nicotine zero, alcohol about 1 beer per month ( I’m a bundle of fun, but I’m always good for the driving)

I can't add anything to the excellent medical information already provided. I will comment on the insurance issue. You mentioned not wanting to contact Dan because you didn't want to risk your Insurance. My experience with insurance from both sides of the desk suggest that if you have an "event" related to something you were made aware of prior to the trip they may refuse coverage. They may claim that you could reasonably have anticipated the problem and still put yourself at risk so you should bear the cost and not them. I would give this issue some serious consideration. If you have access to an insurance professional you could check with about a "What if" situation...I would certainly encourage you to do so.

Back
Top Bottom