Destin Jetty Conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Comp.Air.Junkie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Gonna be down next week just wondering temps and viz and if the tides are running close to the tables. Last year there was way more current than I have dove in the past there within high slack tide. What about temp and viz in the rest of the gulf as well. Thanks.

Here are my Gulf observations for the Pensacola/Navarre areas:

Close inshore it's a little turbid and tannic, especially at the surface. Mid to Offshore it's been 40-60, but you can get different results just a mile away, so stuff is still a little stirred up. If we don't get too much rain, it should improve quickly. The Gulf has had excellent viz this season.

Temps are 80ish on the surface, but it's been up to 85 on occasion. Shallower sites don't have a significant thermocline, but around 80ft and deeper, it gets into the low 70's.

I've only done one Destin Jetty dive this year, and it was in late Spring. viz was a little low, but current was manageable. Tide seemed to run pretty close to prediction, but YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom