DGX Deep 6 compared to Deep 6 Signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dave22387

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking for side by side comparison between the DGX deep 6 reg set and the Deep 6 Signature straight from the website. Considering there is a little price difference i would like to know the difference. I reached out to the company and they said they can't speak of the differences which is odd but i still like the company either way. I currently have some HOG D1/classics which I assume for all intents and purposes are very similiar to the DGX. What's the benefit of the signature over the standard DST style?

@LandonL and @cerich may be able to offer more specifics, but here goes.

First stage
Overall design of the Signature allows the turret to swivel freely with hoses connected. It follows the body style of the Scubapro MK25 vs the Apeks DST-Not a huge deal, but it's nice. It also looks cooler IMO.
Coating is better on the Signature-again, not a huge deal if you take care of your gear, but it will hold up better in the long run
Internal bits are made of slightly nicer materials-again, not a huge deal, but you'll likely get some longer service live. A machine can probably get a bit smoother operation of the regulator but you won't be able to detect it.

Second Stage
Coating/Internal bits same as above
Updated poppet design allows for smoother breathing

Now, none of that REALLY matters in the grand scheme of things. i'd take either of those regulators a mile back into a cave and have 0 qualms about them getting me out and performing quite well. One is better than the other, but if someone gave me a set of DGX regulators then I wouldn't complain.
The real benefits come in the long term cost of ownership. The first parts kit being included. $29 for the first stage, $19 for the second stage. Can't ignore that when doing cost considerations.
If you are into servicing your own gear, which I highly recommend, then the parts kits are free once you take the class. If you plan on owning the regs for the long haul, then the ~$250 course pays for itself on the 4th service of a singles kit in parts alone. On the second service if you pay for your reg service now. Can't get that with any other brand.
You'll save a few bucks now with the DGX set, but if you're looking at total cost of ownership, the Signature is going to have the lowest total cost of ownership of any regulator on the market because of what they are offering for service/parts.

Just a friendly heads up, there are a bunch of topics already on this question. A forum search may yield the answers you are looking for. Also, the faq section on the DGX website lists all the differences.

-happy diving

Which company did you talk to? I asked a question about Deep 6 regs once and got a call from Landon that day. There is a post somewhere on the boards that goes VERY in depth about the question you're asking, but I can't find it right now. Basically it comes down to material quality.

What are the differences between the Deep Six DGX and Deep Six Signature regulators?
In short, you have two Deep Six regulator choices: a REALLY SOLID time-tested regulator in value priced DGX packages available exclusively at Dive Gear Express and an AWESOME new regulator in the Signature (fka Aegaeon) available at the Deep Six Gear website.

The Deep Six DGX first stage is a proven design and compared to the Deep Six Signature first stage it's a bit larger. The DGX rotating turret won't turn 360 degrees with a hose in all 4 LP ports where the Signature will rotate fully no matter if every LP port is used. The Signature is chromed then PVD coated for greater scratch protection, versus the DGX that is standard chrome. The Signature has a Teflon coated HP poppet and Teflon o-ring in the balance chamber giving increased performance, versus the standard poppet and Viton o-ring in the DGX. The Signature has a metal DIN handwheel, versus the DGX high-impact plastic DIN handwheel. The DGX second stage and the Signature second stage are slightly different body shapes. The Signature second stage barrel is Teflon coated over chrome, the DGX only chromed. The Signature has the Deep Six exclusive Turbine Poppet, the DGX does not.

The Signature comes with a special DIN cap that has a spare DIN o-ring in it, the DGX includes a standard DIN cap. The Signature first stage is also available in a native yoke version, the DGX is available with an optional yoke adapter. Other differences are the Signature regulator ships in the Deep Six orange dry box, the DGX regulator offers the optional DGX Tek Regulator Bag. The Signature includes free service parts, the DGX does not include free service parts. The Signature regulator is also eligible for one free periodic maintenance service.

What are the differences between the Deep Six DGX and Deep Six Signature regulators?
In short, you have two Deep Six regulator choices: a REALLY SOLID time-tested regulator in value priced DGX packages available exclusively at Dive Gear Express and an AWESOME new regulator in the Signature (fka Aegaeon) available at the Deep Six Gear website.

The Deep Six DGX first stage is a proven design and compared to the Deep Six Signature first stage it's a bit larger. The DGX rotating turret won't turn 360 degrees with a hose in all 4 LP ports where the Signature will rotate fully no matter if every LP port is used. The Signature is chromed then PVD coated for greater scratch protection, versus the DGX that is standard chrome. The Signature has a Teflon coated HP poppet and Teflon o-ring in the balance chamber giving increased performance, versus the standard poppet and Viton o-ring in the DGX. The Signature has a metal DIN handwheel, versus the DGX high-impact plastic DIN handwheel. The DGX second stage and the Signature second stage are slightly different body shapes. The Signature second stage barrel is Teflon coated over chrome, the DGX only chromed. The Signature has the Deep Six exclusive Turbine Poppet, the DGX does not.

The Signature comes with a special DIN cap that has a spare DIN o-ring in it, the DGX includes a standard DIN cap. The Signature first stage is also available in a native yoke version, the DGX is available with an optional yoke adapter. Other differences are the Signature regulator ships in the Deep Six orange dry box, the DGX regulator offers the optional DGX Tek Regulator Bag. The Signature includes free service parts, the DGX does not include free service parts. The Signature regulator is also eligible for one free periodic maintenance service.

From a quick internet search....

I tried doing a search on here for this topic. I guess I didn't search good enough. Thanks guys

Which company did you talk to? I asked a question about Deep 6 regs once and got a call from Landon that day. There is a post somewhere on the boards that goes VERY in depth about the question you're asking, but I can't find it right now. Basically it comes down to material quality.

I used the contact feature on the deep 6 website

Let me clarify. What I'm really looking for is actual user comparisons. I see the differences on paper. I guess subjective breathing and second stage feel between the two would be most helpful. I've heard the signature air delivery feels a little different due to some new Venturi. ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom