DGX wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apeks has a proprietary power inflator ( and hose), too. Bigger diameter.

So that others using this thread as a reference in the future will understand exactly what you are referring to, here are pictures of the non-standard flat profile OPV that Apeks/Aqualung use, and the low profile OPV that Mares uses:

Apeks/Aqualung flat profile OPV:
42764.jpg

Mares low profile OPV:
upload_2020-10-27_12-15-14.png

-Z

If you want to know who it's made by, just call and ask them. They have no problem just telling you what rebrand it is. The previous one they had, told me straight up it's a dive rite. This new one, I doubt very much it's a dive rite.

Hasn't been for a really long time.

FWIW I think you guys are one of the best online dive shops out there, customer service top notch, Joyce is a star. Hope you guys are doing ok during these trying times.

Get in a wing when you're able and I'll order one.

Take care
Simon

Just realised I've been buying from you guys coming on 15 years now, never an issue.

Reactions: Zef
Hasn't been for a really long time.

Mark, you may or may not remember but one of the first interactions we had many many years ago I was acting like an *******, I do apologise for that. I've evolved somewhat since then. Anyway, just wanted to say sorry, there was no call for my behaviour.

I have this wing on a Freedom plate. Great wing, nice tight profile. My only issue, and it is a minor one, is the wing length. I have hp100s and hp80s. When i dive it on the HP80 tanks the wing is long enough that when in the right position the tank cant stand with the wing fully inflated, and I don't really like how it bends over when empty (pinch risk). Other than that great wing.

I have experienced a "similar" issue on liveaboards, the hole they slot the tanks into is too deep and would pinch my wing, I get them to bungee my rig to a pole instead.

So that others using this thread as a reference in the future will understand exactly what you are referring to, here are pictures of the non-standard flat profile OPV that Apeks/Aqualung use, and the low profile OPV that Mares uses:

2010 WTX3 Apeks Wing OPV and power inflator ( Dext: 1"165 against Dext normaly 1" )

Attachments

• IMG_20201027_131727334_50.jpg
    IMG_20201027_131727334_50.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20201027_131740982_50.jpg
    IMG_20201027_131740982_50.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 49
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom