DGX wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2010 WTX3 Apeks Wing OPV and power inflator ( Dext: 1"165 against Dext normaly 1" )

Not sure what your point is.

The current Apeks single tank wing comes with the flat type dump valve that I posted I picture of.

To my knowledge, and it could be wrong, Apeks did not adopt the flat type dump valve on their buoyancy devices until they came out with the WTX-D series which I believe to be the 2014 model year. Aqualung had already been using this dump valve on select models of their BCDs as early as 2009 if not earlier.

-Z

DGX current / new (non Dive Rite clone) wing is great. You can replace the pull-dump elbow with a standard and that is what I would recommend. I've been very happy with mine.

Edit: @theDrExplorer below reports that the wings now come standard with the plain elbow. Woohoo!

Just received my VDH 23lb wing today, which completes our gear set up for now... We are going to be travelling with this gear, so we went with the aluminum plates to save some luggage weight.

My setup is the Piranha Aluminum Red dog bone plate, with one piece DIR red webbing harness and black-plated hardware, and VDH 23lb wing.

My husband's setup is the standard ALL black DGX single wing with aluminum plate. Note that his DGX wing came a few weeks ago with a standard elbow, and NOT the pull-dump elbow. It seems that the plain elbow is now standard as we did not have to request it. Both corrugated hoses were the same length (17" if only the corrugated section; 21" from center of elbow to end of deflator button), so should work well with a 22" BC inflator hose as recommended by DGX.

Can't wait to test them out in the water!! :bounce:

Some comparison photos for people who might be considering the same items. The wing in the center is the Hog 32lb 360 black/red wing w/ bungee loops, I didn't inflate it since it is being returned. Notice how much bigger it is compared to the DGX single, which is has 30lb of lift.

-K1czNFKUJ9M19I5NUS2oQxEGqHOfON2MaTNAWXPyWKGrRRuSaWJNS1MP3yx_weSUCI5x7U=w1241-h757-no?authuser=0.jpg

P2mDQ-1vzw4kRjLuRVShYRK-NmhojxzAPAdFaGiOmsRvYzES8y89sWNf6heVBKBY63neRCY=w1010-h757-no?authuser=0.jpg

EJAsv9uKqaqMdo-s8r1f5XFar-_qX8hO4DzEg_JVwfVu8ZboxMSgbn6299yts6ltmTeUq90=w1010-h757-no?authuser=0.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom