Did Coz for 2 weeks, blew out the budget and now AC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So we really did it up right on Cozumel this last year. Unreal trip. Dove with Blue XT Sea, "Hi Nivo and Pedro". Food, drinks, diving, all was incredible but we were with my retired parents and brother. We split a gorgeous place just south of Margaritaville and stayed on the 4th floor watching the ships come in and out each day. It was an amazing time. I clocked 20 dives, the wife and son, 10 a piece. We took it very easy.

Now it's on to check off a bucket list item in Belize but we are going to be with close friends this time; she's actually got family there, one of them operates the airport in San Pedro. One or two or their 5 might be certified divers by then but I'm not holding my breath...comdedic two deat drum, please.

So we will have 8. I can get a screaming deal on three tickets for my wife and son on Southwest to total $900 for all three to BZE. That's unreal. Now to the accommodations. I'd love to hear reviews from other divers who have done group trips and stayed in a large house or condo and can recommend something to me. I'm hoping that we will do a 60/40 split on the 9 day stay.

I keep reading that Island Divers is also one of the more preferred outfits with a combination of fun and safety. If someone else has some skin in the game and wants to pipe up about their place, I'm all ears. I understand that the going rate is $85 for two tanks per person. Sure isn't Roatan in 2008...$25 per two tanks. wow, Cocolobo was $70 a night then too, oh well, I digress.

I don't need to do the Blue Hole, not necessary but I may do it by without my wife and son one day if I feel the itch when there. I only trust divers when it comes to putting a package together so I'm up for suggestions. VRBO and Homeaway have been good for resources, but I'd love to know where are your favorite dwellings. Where do I shop for food to last the trip? Cozumel was like Houston. I could find anything there. Are there supermarkets in AC? I read the restaurants are fantastic so I will spend extra coin hitting the foodie joints.

Peace, swim.

How about experiences with Ecologic Divers? Any preferences?

seems like you are hitting the cheap spots at each location. you should have hit the cenotes in mexico and you should do at least one trip to belize atolls. yes san pedro has super markets. have someone show you how to use gmaps and youtube. make sure you stay away from the bars, the thumpa thumpa music goes to the wee hours. there is a maya style choco shop and a micro brew to hit.

We dove with Ecologic in about 2007 or 2008. Had a good experience. Looking at their website, it doesn't look like many of the staff are still there, though. Nevertheless, we are headed there in March and will be using them again. My little girl (11YO) will be doing referral dives for her junior OW. :)

We dove with Ecologic in about 2007 or 2008. Had a good experience. Looking at their website, it doesn't look like many of the staff are still there, though. Nevertheless, we are headed there in March and will be using them again. My little girl (11YO) will be doing referral dives for her junior OW. :)

Perfect. Please let me know how it goes. I like their approach at no touch.

seems like you are hitting the cheap spots at each location. you should have hit the cenotes in mexico and you should do at least one trip to belize atolls. yes san pedro has super markets. have someone show you how to use gmaps and youtube. make sure you stay away from the bars, the thumpa thumpa music goes to the wee hours. there is a maya style choco shop and a micro brew to hit.

Did Dos Ojos from Cozumel, fantastic dive and would do it again because it had a lot to see...especially that well room that had rusty old chains dangling from the roof.

Back
Top Bottom