Did I get a skin bend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve had skin bends many times due to having a pfo. It’s never looked even close to that. It looks like a rash, such as from something in the water or your wetsuit.

Also even if it was minor skin bends there is zero reason to go to the er for that.

You don't get bent 7 days after a dive. It is a rash of some sort.

Agreeing with the other, more experienced, posters that this looks like a rash. While you might not knowingly be allergic to something, allergies can develop over time due to exposure. You can never have had an allergy to something...until all of the sudden you do. I've developed a couple of allergies due to exposure. I had to change laundry detergents after 'suddenly' becoming so sensitive that I couldn't wear the clothing I'd washed. (Tide) I also developed an allergy to acrylic fibers due to repeated exposure. If you're still there and still diving, make a note of things you're coming into contact with. You might find that you're reacting to something you use frequently...or reacting to a change in products due to traveling.

Back
Top Bottom