Did You Know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

santafejoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
1 in 8 don't know Alaska is a state :shakehead :11:
October 18, 2006
JUNEAU, Alaska -- Alaska's governor wanted to find out what the rest of the nation thinks about his state, so he commissioned a poll.
The results show Americans love Alaska, but don't know a whole lot about it.

More than half the nation thinks most of Alaska is covered in ice and snow year-round. (Actually, just 5 percent of the state is.) :rofl3:

And one of every eight Americans believes Alaska is a separate country or else doesn't know that it's a state. :shakehead :11::11: :11: :11:

That sounds like some people who think that all Canadians live in igloos and drive dog sleds.

Seriously, I live in a Canada-US border town, and in the summer we have had people from the US drive into town thinking that our ski resort is still open! Geez!

Also, when asked, alot of people don't know who Canada'a Prime Minister is either. I know he's a totally boring guy and all...

So it doesn't really surprize me that some people don't know about Alaska being part of the US.

Alaska? Sheesh, everyone knows about Alaska.

Here's a link to all about it, pictures, it's history and how to make it. LINK

Back
Top Bottom