Diff btwn dragon and vector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaaaronh

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am not near a mares dealer and was thinking of ordering a new BC from scubatoys. I was wondering what the major differences are between the Dragon and the vector 1000 (not the air trim models). Are they both hard packs? I have an old (10 years old) BC, jacket style, it was the one that was sold with the octo (regulator not an air two) attached to the fill dump tube, and really liked that bc, but last night found a leak in the bladder. I was trying to find something kind of comparable in lift a am not sure if i like the back infalte as much as the jacket style.

Hi Aaron

The primary difference is the bladder (air cell). The Dragon BC incorporates a new Dragon air cell which increases the lift capacity while remaining streamlined. It also incorporates extra padding and comfort features as well as MRS Plus weight pockets. MRS plus allows the pockets to be removed in a single motion.

The BC most similar to your old one is the Vector 1000.

Both BCs are hardpacks and neither is back inflation style.

Regards

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom