Difference between all computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Perdix is easy on my old eyes. I am too stubborn to put reading lenses in my mask.

However I do feel that the long term value of the Perdix is good because firmware upgrades are available and SW is continually updating the software. I have had other DCs where firmware upgrades were only to fix known problems - otherwise the vendor did not seem to be continually improving the product for me. Yes it has more functionality than I typically need but it does the job I want and I trust the company to keep it relevant over the long term.

I just like the layout and controls best.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a great analogy. A Porsche is a terrible car for a lot of applications - limited cargo space, not very good off road, wastes gas, expensive repairs, uncomfortable back seat if even included. If you buy a Perdix, there really is no tradeoff other than the cost. So if you can afford it, why not?

Fine. You're right.

Buy the Perdix. You'll love it. ;-)

I have a Perdix and bought a Perdix AI for the short blonde one for anniversary present (meanwhile she gave me a card which seems a bit one-sided haha). I'm super happy with them, and my Petrel 2 I used previously was great as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom