Difference between black and orange BioFin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Between the black and orange color, can diver feel the difference from different stiffness of both colors when finning underwater? Or they are just difference in lab test but perform the same in real life?

thanks,

In theory as it appears you are already aware, the black uses a stiffer compound. Can that be felt in the water? No idea, I've never tried both. I guess it would depend by just how much stiffer it is. Being stiffer they should perform differently, by what margin I'm unsure. Personally I prefer stiffer fins as I predominantly frog kick. For that kick a paddle fin performs better. Flutter kicking, which is the kick the bios excel at, a stiffer fin will be require more energy/leg strength but will likely generate higher speeds if that matters to you.

Between the black and orange color, can diver feel the difference from different stiffness of both colors when finning underwater? Or they are just difference in lab test but perform the same in real life?

thanks,

Bom: The black and orange Bio-fins will offer the same performance in the water. There is a very slight indiscernible difference due to adding the orange pigment.

If you need precision kicking for example photography, a paddle fin will better IMO. If you're looking for an easy reef flutter kick fin I'm sure the Bios are great. FWIW Split fins generate some polar opinions. Try before you buy if you can, you might like them you might not but given their price I'd check first. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom