Difference between Ikelite housing for RX 100 and RX 100 II?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike_Kiev

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello.
I have Sony RX 100 II camera and looking for Ikelite underwater housing for it.
I saw housing Product Number 6116.10 for RX 100:
Ikelite | Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100
and housing Product Number 6116.11 for RX 100 II:
Ikelite | Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 II
Looking at the description and operating buttoms they seems to me the same.
Can I use housing 6116.10 for RX 100 for my RX 100 II?
Asking this because have a good offer for housing Product Number 6116.10 for RX 100.
Thanks in advance!

The RX100 II is thicker than the RX100, and when the mark II came out every single other housing maker created a new model housing to go with it, so I'm going to guess the answer is no...

This housing was obviously developed in a way to make both fit (after both were available). I see the instructions say the RX100 requires "1/16” thick foam frame (for use with RX100 I ONLY)". I guess they can make this work for this housing since they ignore the control wheels.

For the dive housings, the RX100 II is probably too thick to fit well into the older housing, and even if you manage to jam it in, you probably can't control everything properly.

Have you considered other options? You could go for either Meikon housing (poly $150ish or aluminum $550) if budget is the main concern. Sony's own poly housing MPK-URX100A (which supposedly fits all RX100's I-V) looks like it's available now too for $330. I haven't heard any reports about this one yet.

Yes, you are right!
I missed that if camera is more thick that will be some problems to fit all operation wells.
I think about Meikon housing, but don't hav much feedback about this brand name. My friend is using Meikon for his Next 5 and has few times some problem with operation buttoms o-ring.
Thank you, I will read more info about Meikon and will look at Sony housing too!

I took a look at the sony housing; it's cool that they made a single housing that works with all their camera's. It seems very high quality for the price, and well thought out. They have space plates you add to the inside depending on what camera you use with it.

According to your help the answer on my question is "no":(
Anyway, I appreciate your help, thank you a lot!!!

Hello.
I have Sony RX 100 II camera and looking for Ikelite underwater housing for it.
I saw housing Product Number 6116.10 for RX 100:
Ikelite | Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100
and housing Product Number 6116.11 for RX 100 II:
Ikelite | Underwater Housing for Sony Cyber-shot RX100 II
Looking at the description and operating buttoms they seems to me the same.
Can I use housing 6116.10 for RX 100 for my RX 100 II?
Asking this because have a good offer for housing Product Number 6116.10 for RX 100.
Thanks in advance!
I would suggest contacting Ikelite directly and asking them. I have done this a couple times (go to the "SUPPORT" tab at the top of the page and then select "Contact Us") and they have always responded with thorough and well thought out answers, in one case, they even included some pictures to illustrate exactly what I was asking about.

Back
Top Bottom