Difference between PADI AOW and deep diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Haven will still be there in a couple of years... what's the rush?

Hello beester thanks for your advice
What you say makes sense...
Anyway I would like to take a look to the haven even for 10 minutes only... waiting for the moment I will do the tech dives and take my time down there. I live in Milan, for me it’s quite close and relatively cheap to do the dive

I far from winged it, I started diving with every intent of being a Tec diver. I took my open water, from there every dive had a purpose behind it to learn new skills. One of my dive partners are a former army combat diver, and one completed the Navy’s equivalent. They put me through the wringer. I dove regularly, at 25 dives I got my advanced cert, and by 35 I’d completed my deco procedures abs and cancer nitrox. “Intro to Tec” is not a prerequisite for deco pro or advanced nitrox, it’s merely a suggestion for anyone not familiar with doubles, or the gear.

At no point did I wing deco, or go into deco without planning it. A desire to stay down longer/ go deeper, necessitated deco training. And I should clarify, half of my dives number 25-50 required deco, so doubly a quarter at that point.

Did I have a questionable instructor? Absolutely not, I sought recamendation from local instructors in my area, on who to go to in Florida. The instructor I chose, teaches all open circuit Tec courses, to include full cave.

Good for you I’m impressed.
I’m also surprised you found an instructor to take you into ANDP with 25 total dives.
If you have passed that’s excellent.

I did SSI deep diver (40m / 132ft) after 11 dives which is the minimum number required to start the course. Certainly a better option for me that PADI AOW which is only 30 m and means you spend time doing units you are not interested in. I had 1:1 instruction and did most of the course in wrecks at about 30m. Really interesting and good learning experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom