Difference btwn various sola 1200s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NYCDiveGuy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have owned a sola 1200 dive light since 2011 and have very much enjoyed the light. I have recently purchased a hero 3 and was planning on purchasing a second sola so I can start with underwater photography/videography. When searching through L&M website & products I noticed that they had separate sola 1200s for diving: dive light, photography, videography. What is the difference? Would your recommendations be to get another of the exact light I have? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello NYCDiveGuy,
The Sola 1200 Dive light will work great with the GoPro Hero3. It is functionally the same as the 1200 Video light, so with the correct mount and tray, it will work perfectly to take video with. A second Video 1200 or Dive 1200 would add fill light to your rig, improving the overall quality of the video you get.

Love our twin 1200's but the 2000's new pricing makes those soooo tempting!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom