difference in dome ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the sea and sea nx fisheye dome port 56401 and the fish eye dome port 240 #30116? The first one is discontinued but I can not see any difference in the specs. I want to use it on my Sea and Sea mdx 7000 housing.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Only difference I can see is that the NX fisheye dome used extension SX with the 10-17, while the 240 uses extension 20. I'm not positive, and I'm not home to measure it, but I think the SX extension was 17mm.

After checking online, SX is 29mm according to Leisure Pro. Also, new ports utilize a port lock, which the old ones didn't. If your housing doesn't have a port lock system, it probably won't matter.
240 is specified for full frame lenses. NX has been used on both full frame and dx for quite a while.

Last edited:
Only difference I can see is that the NX fisheye dome used extension SX with the 10-17, while the 240 uses extension 20. I'm not positive, and I'm not home to measure it, but I think the SX extension was 17mm.

After checking online, SX is 29mm according to Leisure Pro. Also, new ports utilize a port lock, which the old ones didn't. If your housing doesn't have a port lock system, it probably won't matter.
240 is specified for full frame lenses. NX has been used on both full frame and dx for quite a while.

Thanks Larry!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom