'Different' Curacao sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is an unofficial/unnamed dive site behind the Aqualectra desalinization plant. Relaxed Guided Dives took us there in November 2016. It was one of the more distinctive sites that I saw on the island. The constitution of the reef was quite different and had more soft coral than elsewhere. I presume that the presence of the desalinization plant had some impact on the local environment. The shore entry is easy to miss: a stony beach behind a parking lot to the right of the desalinization plant as you face the water.

It's not in the same league as the Salt Pier, but I think it speaks to what you wanted.

The shore entry is easy to miss: a stony beach behind a parking lot to the right of the desalinization plant as you face the water.

Thanks for this. I've read about this site but have been having trouble finding specifics.

Thanks for this. I've read about this site but have been having trouble finding specifics.

Yes, the stony beach is behind some bushes and might not be obvious from the road or even from the parking area. The parking area is near a popular/famous seafood restaurant.

When you enter the water, swim to the left as you face out into the ocean and follow the underwater structure of the desalinization plant, which blends into the reef quite seamlessly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom