Different Types of EMT Shears?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking of using marine tuf cloth for my shears - supposedly it is formulated for use in saltwater, and it is just a rag in a ziplock pouch so it will be easy to bring along on planes :)

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/MarineTufCloth.shtml

P.S. Mambo Dave - that's a big bottle of Jag!!!

Looking at all these shears,,,,,,,You buy a pair from say CVS ,they come with no case. Ones from LP or another dive store come with a sheath you can mount to you BCD for 12 bucks and shipping charges. If I go the CVS route,,,where can I get a sheath for them instead of paying 20 bucks from LP

i have the passport bc and used the rivits on the left pocket to set up a type of sheath. the tip is held by a bunjie and the handles are hold by velcro un a nylon strap
ill get some pictures of it soon

Take a look at those Wal Mart stainless kitchen shears. They appear to have more mechanical advantage than the medical types. I've been carrying those for about eight saltwater dives, and no rust so far.

I have a pair of the CVS shears and they are the smaller EMT Shears, not the larger ones that most people use.

~Jess

I wonder if these would work well as a replacement for traditional, cheap EMT shears?

http://www.safetystore.com/scissors.asp

Look at the "7 1/2" Lister Scissors with one large ring". Not sure if these cheapies are all stainless or not, but better quality ones may be available elsewhere.

I would say no. They look like they are made for cutting through bandages and not for cutting through everything like EMT shears. Plus they are more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom