Digital Nikonos Challenge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivePhotoGuide

Contributor
Reaction score
We just issued an industry wide challenge for any manufacturer, engineer or do-it-yourselfer, to create an adapter to use Nikonos lenses on any digital camera, or to develop a digital back for the Nikonos body.

Call it the last hurrah before all of the Nikonos lenses out there become permanent paperweights or permanent unsold listings on eBay. The Nikonos deserves it :)

It will be fun to see if anyone can pull it off. We already have two confirmed who will be attempting to do it.

Full details here.

The challenge will go through the end of the year. Let's see what comes of it. Stay tuned for results!

I would buy a digital adapter to my Nikonos V, and would even update it from time to time!!!

It amazes me continually with all of the superior Nikonos lenses out there and all of the add on second party lenses as well that nobody ever made a digital body to accept them. Seems almost stupid if not a crime. Nikonos lenses were fully underwater corrected and designed for use underwater. No modern digital camera is corrected for underwater use that I am aware of. N

Somebody PLEASE! do it!!!

I have come to the conclusion that Nikon has been taking the short bus.

N

Back
Top Bottom