Digital Pro Flash Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On a recent dive trip my flash worked before the dive when I tested it and for maybe one picture. But then throughout the dive it did not flash. I could see it was on and I could see the camera was flashing (DC1200).
When I got home I tested it again and it flashed every times I tried it.

Any idea what could cause this? Water temp was 62. Max depth of 90. No apparent water in flash when I took out batteries later.

On a recent dive trip my flash worked before the dive when I tested it and for maybe one picture. But then throughout the dive it did not flash. I could see it was on and I could see the camera was flashing (DC1200).
When I got home I tested it again and it flashed every times I tried it.

Any idea what could cause this? Water temp was 62. Max depth of 90. No apparent water in flash when I took out batteries later.
Optic cable was out of place maybe? Just guessing.

Were you on the Gill & the Hyde? I think I met you.

Optic cable was out of place maybe? Just guessing..

It appeared to be in place. Perhaps. Hard to avoid pressure on the cable with gloves in 62 degree water. May have pulled it down slightly without pulling out. I did try a push back up before testing later. Did not see any movement but who knows.

Were you on the Gill & the Hyde? I think I met you.

Yes, an enjoyable couple of dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom