DIN or Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wbflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,

I've been certified for many years but randomly dive. I go years between dives but this year I am getting back into it more seriously. I have recently bought nee gear and the first stage that I bought is a Cressi MC9 yoke style. I would like to buy some steel HP 100's or 80's due to the size and capabilities of them. However, I will have to switch over to DIN. Can you convert the yoke to DIN easily back and forth or just sell them and buy a DIN setup?

Thanks all!

you only have to switch over if they are 3500 psi tanks with 300 bar din valves. otherwise, the 3442 tanks with 200 bar din valves are convertible in most cases. you just buy the little donut to screw in the valve for a few bucks. that said, converting din to yoke and back is relatively painless if you have the low profile yoke nut.

Awesome, thanks! so you are saying I can keep the yoke even on HP tanks as long as the bar is 200 on the valve and it's under 3500psi?

Awesome, thanks! so you are saying I can keep the yoke even on HP tanks as long as the bar is 200 on the valve and it's under 3500psi?
I don't know if you are buying new or used, but the distributors I deal with offer a convertible cylinder valve either by option or by default, depending on the cylinder. Usually that configuration is called the "Pro" valve.
So if you are buying new, make sure it is the convertible valve, including the spin-in DIN insert, and you are all set. That is commonplace, not a special request that you will have to work hard for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom