DIN please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescuediver009

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I can get a DIN connector that will fit this older Oceanic reg?
I don't care which make it is.

It looks like a Scubapro Mk 5 clone. TUSA sold a Mk 5 clone as well.

Unfortunately, the Mk 5 is the only commonly found reg SP made that does not use their universal DIN kit.

I do see MK 5 DIN kits on e-bay now and then.

I agree with DA Aquamaster, and it's been a long while but I believe I installed a few of the MK V DINs on old Oceanics.

For what it's worth many of these old regulators did not do well on DIN, at the higher pressures. Lots of piston chatter, shreaking, and seat chewing went on.

I'd get a new first stage with the DIN already on it. Zeagle will sell a DIN first stage regulator only for the same price as a yoke first stage. If you don't need another yoke converter, it's a good value. The Envoy first stage is a great regulator on DIN for little $.

Chad

It is not a matter of being against another first stage. I just basically had it handed to me and I thought I would use it as a deco reg. If I can find a DIN connector fine if not, I will grab another trusty apeks. Thanks for the sales pitch anyhow chad..., and thanks DA, I will try the Scubapro route.

rescuediver009:
It is not a matter of being against another first stage. I just basically had it handed to me and I thought I would use it as a deco reg. If I can find a DIN connector fine if not, I will grab another trusty apeks. Thanks for the sales pitch anyhow chad..., and thanks DA, I will try the Scubapro route.

rd009,

An Apeks DIN first stage would also work quite well, as would any other regulator designed for DIN.

I was just passing along a tip from experience.
I'm absolutely certain that of the many DINs we installed on a lot of Scubapro MK V regulators in the late 1980s, almost none worked out well. Scubapro regulators were our primary line, and these 1970s to early 1980s models were not made for higher pressures.

Happy Holidays!

Chad

Back
Top Bottom