Closed DIN Post Valve or DUI Drysuit Inflation System

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeremy Williams

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a valve such as the one included in the DUI kit shown below. If somebody has such a valve that is still attached to a cylinder, I'm willing to take the cylinder as well or even the whole system...

drysuit_inflation_system_co.jpg

Drysuit Inflation System (Complete)

The general style of valve is called a 'post valve' and this particular one has a DIN fitting. You can see the valve here...

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 3.08.24 PM.png

As best I can tell these were produced for a number of years starting around 2011? DUI seems to have forgotten that they even existed until I pointed out the pictures from their own website. I can't find a current source for them, so if you have one, I'd appreciate any tips.

Are you looking for an inline valve? DGX Compact In-Line Valve, Black Handwheel | Dive Gear Express® They are normally used with rebreathers.

Im aware of those valves. There are two styles commonly available that I have seen. Both styles have the DIN port opposite of, and roughly concentric to, the hand wheel. The valve I show above is different in that the hand wheel is parallel to the cylinder and not opposite the DIN port.

Prices seem to have gone up given the popularity of use with the Sidewinder, but I ordered four from here: BtS DIN Valve Comptec 230bar Mono, US NPSM 3/4" be sure to verify torque on the burst disc when you receive them. They tend to leak before over tightening and it’s a non standard disc.

Prices seem to have gone up given the popularity of use with the Sidewinder, but I ordered four from here: BtS DIN Valve Comptec 230bar Mono, US NPSM 3/4" be sure to verify torque on the burst disc when you receive them. They tend to leak before over tightening and it’s a non standard disc.

That's a great lead! They list the manufacturer as BtS which is mentioned in some capacity related to the acquisition of OMS by DUI. It ultimately let me to a number of few other places based on the part number A16310637 such as...

DIN Valve Comptec 230 bar MonoUS NPSM 3/4"
(and also https://www.bts-store.de/bts/flaschen/ventile/ventile/519/din-valve-comptec-230-bar-monous-npsm-3/4)

which doesn't seem to have a burst disk. But then OMS also shows this one...

DUI Valve Comptec 232 Bar MonoUS NPSM 3/4" with burst disc

Which seems to also be 3/4 NPSM but does have a burst disk. Which led me back to BTS...

https://www.bts-store.de/bts/flasch...mptec-232-bar-monous-npsm-3/4-with-burst-disc

Which is strangely cheaper but not listed on the DiveStock website?

And the relationship with OMS is probably somehow the route it came to DUI at some point in the past. But the OMS website lists the manufacturer as Scubatec and I've found some other things online listed as BTS-Scubatec so that makes sense.

DUI seems certain that they want nothing to do with helping me get this valve after I spoke to them about it for the second time today! Although DUI seems to have purchased OMS in 2014, they said that OMS in Europe has nothing to do with them and that they only carry a subset of the full OMS parts list. I suppose I'll have to give it a try tomorrow when EU businesses are open once again...

For the posterity of the internet, here is what I've found...

DUI does have some of these valves, but they don't really seem interested in selling them.

BtS had them in Germany, but I believe that they don't have any left (see below) and I've been told that they don't plan to make more.

I ended up sourcing these from Baja Diving and Watersports in San Diego, CA. Oren was able to get them from Germany, and given the very limited number that were available he made some kind of deal with BtS to take the remaining inventory of 3/4 NPSM post valves with a burst disk. So if you want one, I believe he has 16 available right now and will be asking $52 each.

He is sending my order out today and has been very pleasant to work with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom