Din replacement part FAQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't believe how irresponsible the manufacturer is being, sending reg parts to the end user. What if all the black magic escapes from the reg because you are not properly trained to harness that kind of power. You need to be properly trained to do this kind of work!

Oops my bad, I thought this was some other reg manufacturers forum. I know Chris did not use black magic in HOG regs and doubt he used it in Deep 6 regs. It is kind of nice to beable to do this kind of work yourself.

When did you guys make the swap on the factory side?

I placed two orders for 3 regs but received 2 parts.

First order shipped 11/21 (2 regs).
Second order shipped 11/29 (1 reg).

Second order shipped 11/29 (1 reg).[/QUOT

Second order shipped 11/29 (1 reg).
Hmmm...You should have gotten them all. Shoot me a pm and I will get another fitting on the way

I tried to replace it today and the entire DIN assembly came loose. Not just the insert.

Suggestions?

image.jpeg

To avoid in the future I'd suggest using a torque wrench so the insert will be able to be removed without removing the body.

Remove the sinstered filter and oring in the bottom. You can now insert an Allen wrench at the bottom and top to remove the insert.

FWIW. The hog first stages are now torqued to 225 inch pounds at the factory.

I was replacing the defective insert, so it was at whatever the factory torqued it to.

I'll try putting an Allen wrench in from the bottom.

It's a really good idea to make sure the main DIN assembly is torqued properly and nice and tight. I was using a borrowed (APEKS) reg and bottle that began leaking rapidly when I opened it at the deco stop. I thought it had come loose from the tank, but tightening it up had no effect. Took me a while to figure it out. I've never taken apart a reg so I didn't immediately consider gas was escaping from the body. That's how we learn.

Remove the sinstered filter and oring in the bottom. You can now insert an Allen wrench at the bottom and top to remove the insert.

FWIW. The hog first stages are now torqued to 225 inch pounds at the factory.

This worked. Thanks

The insert is 6mm.

The DIN stem is 7mm

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom