DIN/Yoke conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Desmarais

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I learned to dive in the middle east, where DIN is the standard, and now I am back living inthe US, where everyone uses Yoke. Some dive shops/tank rental places apparently do not have both types of tanks, so I would like to get an adapter for those situations.

I have Poseiden regs... does the adapter have to be matched to the regulator, or are they standard?

Some cylinder valves have a core that is removable with a hex wrench, to allow use of a DIN 1st stage. You can tell because it has a hex key shaped hole in the centre. Remove the core and you are good to go with your DIN regs.
1522161034.jpg

Poseidon does make a DIN to yoke converter. It is pretty nice and smaller in profile than many others. However I have found that it protrudes further from the tank and hits the back of my head. All the tanks I have seen here have that removable insert in the valve.

Most DIN to yoke adaptors can be used from one reg to another. For example, XS Scuba offers one for a cost of less $50 and Scubapro offers one that is over $100. The main difference is the XS Scuba’s adaptor is one solid piece (besides the wheel/handle) while Scubapro’s is two pieces that allows the yoke to rotate much like a yoke reg. The ability to rotate is very nice and I prefer it over the solid piece. Many people go with the cheaper one simply because of cost, but gripe about the lack of rotation. Both adaptors fit DIN regs such as Scubapro, Apeks, Poseidon, and Aqualung.

Poseidon does make a DIN to yoke converter. It is pretty nice and smaller in profile than many others. However I have found that it protrudes further from the tank and hits the back of my head. All the tanks I have seen here have that removable insert in the valve.
Poseidon makes a beautiful adaptor but it costs 2-3x the price of others.

Haven't had a problem with either one. But its up to you if you like one better.

Haven't had a problem with either one. But its up to you if you like one better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom