Dining in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeurosurgeryNP

Registered
Reaction score
Who do you recommend for a one day dive trip. We are going down to Miami for a short cruise, and want to get in one extra day of diving before the cruise. Thanks!

Personal preferences will abound :)

I like Silent World Key Largo and Conch Republic in Tavernier. They are 15 miles apart so I use SW for the northern sites and CR for the Islamorada to southern Key Largo sites.

BTW, the subject line says dining. Did you want restaurants to eat at as well??

Since the good DIVING places have been covered (Blue Water is another good OP) I'll hit my favorite DINING places!

The Fish House CAN'T be beat!
Sundowners has great food!
Mrs. Mac's Kitchen & Key Largo Conch House are both great for lunch!

Dang, now I'm hungry!

I'll add the Buzzard's Roost in upper Key Largo to that list, just off Garden Cove Road (side street just before where the dive boats dock).

And I always like Bentley's down in Islamorada.

For casual (right off the boat) dining, Mrs. Mac's is a great choice (perhaps the best all-around choice for a post-dive lunch).

Last edited:
DINING...yummy eats in addition to the above mentioned

Fish House Encore (next door to Fish House)
Key Largo Coffee House
Marker 88

DINING...yummy eats in addition to the above mentioned

Fish House Encore (next door to Fish House)
Key Largo Coffee House
Marker 88

Fish House and Fish House Encore are great

I've eaten at Key Largo Coffee House before and had a great meal, and another that left all of us running for the bathroom all night afterwards. I'd be very cautious about going there. We had several people in our group get sick from eating there. Maybe it was a one time thing, but I'm leary now....

Key Largo - HMS Minnow (6-pack) on canal behind Holiday Inn @ MM 100 O/S
Tavernier-Conch Republic Divers - ~MM90.5 B/S (bigger boats)
Breakfast: Harriettes-MM95.6 B/S or The Galley above Ocean Divers & Scuba Do
Dinner: Sundowners-MM103.6 B/S, Hobos - 101.7 O/S
Martini: Zane Grey Lounge (upstairs from Worldwide Sportsman) MM81.6 B/S in Islamorada (although rumor has it that the Fish House has ONE knowledgeable barkeep [the woman]). Senor Frijoles & Coconuts martinis suck.

I am a big fan of the Key Largo Conch/Coffee House - My family and I have eaten there countless times (never been sick).

Buzzard Roost is great for apps as well as dinner. My favorite dinner place is Lazy Days down at the south end of Islamorada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom