Dining in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second Rainbow Reef - they certified my daughter and niece, both of which are 15 and 16 yrs old. They took the time to do it right. Both of them fell in love with Jack and I still hear about him every day - english kid with blond hair that works for Rainbow Reef.

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned hobo's... they've slided downhill lately...

How lately? Wife and I ate there at least 3 times the week we were there in March '08, it was great. Gotta say though, I didn't have a bad meal the whole time I was there.

Yes - as one prior poster said, I did mean DIVING :dork2: - but thanks for all of the dining tips too! They will be put to good use!

THanks for your reply. THe problem with Ocean Divers is that they don't have a DM or instructor in the water with you unless you pay a lot more money for the dive. DH and I are novice divers - and would be at issue with diving in a new site, without the guidance.

If you're flexible and don't mind driving a few more miles, Captain Hook's in Marathon puts a DM/guide in the water for no extra charge.

Captain Hook’s Diving and Fishing in the Florida Keys

And no biggie on the "typo" I personally don't mind talking about the great places to eat in the Keys! I usually end up eating my way through (I'm still trying to work off the extra pounds I put on down there!) :D

I havent dove with Captain Hooks (have my own boat), but I rented gear there a few times and got supplies - really nice people there and they did say they put a DM in the water. It came up when we were talking about the location of the Thunderbolt. There was no mooring ball at the Thunderbolt wreck at the time and we were having a hell of a time "dive bombing" it with the current and wind!!

I havent dove with Captain Hooks (have my own boat), but I rented gear there a few times and got supplies - really nice people there and they did say they put a DM in the water. It came up when we were talking about the location of the Thunderbolt. There was no mooring ball at the Thunderbolt wreck at the time and we were having a hell of a time "dive bombing" it with the current and wind!!

The buoys are about 15 feet below the surface usually, did they add mooring balls now? (my dives on it got cancelled this past November)

I agree, very nice people to work with. It took a wreck class with them last year, and did a bunch of dives with them this year. (and as a single diver, the DM is a good thing! I don't have to worry about the instability of some "insta-buddies"):wink:

They said they were going to, that was sept of 07 so I doubt it ever happened.
What good is a buoy 15' below the surface? They told me the same thing. How would one go about hooking into a buoy 15' below the surface? Dive and hook?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom