Dinner for 12 in town

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

keesmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,
So as part of my 50th birthday celebration, we rented a 9 bedroom villa in Punt Vierkant and will be diving for 10 days in July.
Lodging, diving, and truck rentals are set. This is our 4th trip there, but first time with 12-14 people going.
We'll likely cook at home, or eat out in smaller numbers for most evenings, but my wife will want to take out the whole group to officially send me into AARP membership. Do you guys have recommendations for a place that can handle us? Does not need to be top of the line, but a decent place that can take us all around the same table. We're mostly adults, with a few teenagers mixed in.
Should we consider Delfin's, since we can stumble out of there without having to drive? Otherwise we'll keep a few sober drivers.
Thanks in advance,
Kees

I posted this earlier somewhere on here:

I've been itching to tell about this place from our trip in Aug/Sept2019. You didn't ask for restaurants, but I couldn't stand it.

Red Palm Village Restaurant.

We tripped over them at Taste of Bonaire. Young daughter and I had a roasted red pepper soup and a tuna dish that were so good we went around to get the rest of our gang out of other lines to come try it. The owner gave us a $20 off coupon (he called it "buying you a bottle of wine") so a group of 8 of us went for dinner. Its on what I call the "back" road to Sorobon, the one from Kralenjdik instead of past the airport.

It was truly outstanding.​

They handled the 8 of us easily, and I bet they could accommodate 12. It is one of those "the chef feeds you" things, but it didn't break the bank. Salad/App/soup, entrée, not everybody had dessert - I know I didn't, but some did.

There were 2-3 bottles of wine, and many Brights for moi, and I think there may have been some umbrella drinks mixed in. I think the tab was around $300 (young daughter settled the bill with my CC because Brights).

Everybody really enjoyed and raved about the food/service...

Hey guys,
So as part of my 50th birthday celebration, we rented a 9 bedroom villa in Punt Vierkant and will be diving for 10 days in July.
Lodging, diving, and truck rentals are set. This is our 4th trip there, but first time with 12-14 people going.
We'll likely cook at home, or eat out in smaller numbers for most evenings, but my wife will want to take out the whole group to officially send me into AARP membership. Do you guys have recommendations for a place that can handle us? Does not need to be top of the line, but a decent place that can take us all around the same table. We're mostly adults, with a few teenagers mixed in.
Should we consider Delfin's, since we can stumble out of there without having to drive? Otherwise we'll keep a few sober drivers.
Thanks in advance,
Kees
Delfin's is going to be too pricey if eating at Brass Boer and they would be hard pressed to accommodate your group size around one table. The tiki bar restaurant there is less expensive and the menu is limited and not what you are looking for on such an occasion. I would suggest Ocean Oasis. It is a newer restaurant just south of Delfin's and waterfront right on Punt Vierkant and has amazing sunsets and can definitely handle your size group with no problems. Varied menu to satisfy everyone. It would be my first choice for sure.

Home

upload_2020-2-20_14-28-24.png

For a group your size and for something really special, I would consider Foodie's as well! It is in Sorobon, but not much further away than going into downtown- maybe quicker actually from where you are staying- Foodies Bonaire – Bayside Bar and Restaurant
upload_2020-2-20_14-38-2.png

It's a hard call not knowing exactly your food preferences and preferred ambience. If you prefer something along the more modern seafood style restaurant It Rains Fishes Bonaire is on the Kralendijk waterfront has good food and could easily accommodate your group. The food there was good and the fried octopus tentacle was an awesome appetizer. The service there isn't brisk though. If you don't mind a local "hole in the wall" "hidden gem" style restaurant Mi Banana - Kralendijk - Caribbean Restaurant | Facebook may be suitable as well. I highly recommend the Grilled Red Snapper and Flan there.

I have routinely called Cap't Don's Rum Runners Restaurant and made reservations for 12-20 people or so. Good menu, and for a group they know how to handle it. Too many places will seat a group, but do not do a good job of handling the orders, drinks, and checks.

These are all great suggestions. I had the feeling that Brass Boer was going to break the bank, so thanks for confirming that.
No need to double the food budget for one night out.
I'll send Red Palm Village,Foodies, Mi Banana, It Rains Fishes, Rum Runners, and Ocean Oasis (which seems like walking distance as well) to my wife for approval, since even though it's my birthday, it'll be her planning it :)
Thanks everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom