Dinner get together---any hope???

Which restaurant do you like to go on December 1st?

• Santorini Greek Kitchen

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Steak & Ale

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just wondering if there was any hope of us getting together for dinner this winter???

We are a widely scattered bunch so I was thinking maybe something on the south side of Indianapolis.

Last years group was pretty small. I can count them on one hand and still have leftover phalanges:D

Any thoughts???

Great & Great. I know I missed the last year’s one.

There are a couple of places we can get together

I guess any cities nearby I-65 will be the feasible choice for you guys from KY.

Columbus: a couple of local restaurants, but I don’t have any experience.
Edinburgh (big outlet mall): Max & Erma's & Ruby Tuesday That’s it…
Greenwood: Many many choices

In addition. we can have a short dive at Hidden Paradise ($10 entry) and get together.

Edit) Who knows we can get some special Hoosier rate (might be $7) :wink:

A dive and dine would be great but just a dine would do. I might even be able to drag the GF along.
Let me know where and I will plug it into the GPS and see what restaurants are around.

I think much would depend on what size group we get. If the group is large a buffet is quicker and more likely to get us seated together. If the group is fairly small most places will put some tables together so we can sit as a group although this doesn't always work out too well from past experience with some of the dinners we had in Lexington. Nothing against the restuarant but sometimes floor space and table layout doesn't work well with groups above 8 or 10.

Last year JP, Monica, Chad and I went to Shoguns or something like that. In the past we have gone to Cheddars and Chi Chi's in Lexington. We also had a dinner at a place in Cold Spring, KY. I can't remember the name of the place though. In each case we had a great time and one of them even led to romance and wedding bells.

I think the restaurant isn't a big matter, but how many people we can get together.

What date do you think will work best for our annual year end dinner?

I just spent some time looking at 50 plus pages of restaurant listings in the Indianapolis area. Lots of fast food places. Many places downtown or north. Finally found some on the southside. Many of those are typical chain restaurants which would probably not work real well if the group was large. One place seemed like it could handle a fairly large group well. Steak and Ale. Nice place serving steak and seafood. Most likely around $25 to $30 for a meal. I also found an Old Country Buffet. Could easily handle small or large group. Probably around $11 to $12 for the meal.
Of course if the group is fairly small most any of the familiar chain restaurants would work fine.

We need to pick a date and then see what size group we end up with.

I'm fine with a dive and dine format since Hidden Paradise and Blue Springs are fairly close. I'm also fine with just a dinner during the week or a weekend day.

Dates I am not available are Nov 30th through Dec 8th(Blackbeards trip) Also not available the weekend of Dec 15th/16th.

I'd certainly love to join everyone. As long as we're free, I'd be there along with my wife Deena.

Steak and Ale is pretty nice and would probably handle a group well. I've eaten there several times. Another good place that is also on the south side but tucked away that is similar is Bynum's Steak House. It's on S Meridian I believe.

Edit: Another place I just thought of that would be able to handle a group of 8-12 fairly easily is Santorini's in Fountain Square. It's an awesome Greek restaurant.

It sounds like you don't mind INDY. If then, Steak and Ale and Bynum's Steak House are all neighborhood. I don't mind any places except Thai restaurant. :wink:

Dec/16~Dec/25: Christmas Cantana and trip.

I don't know which date is good for all of us. Sat/Sun look only open date for all due to the diving and/or driving.

How about Saturday Dec 1st 2007? I hope it will be no game weekend..

Jim,

I saw Bynum's Steakhouse on the list but didn't look into it. Santorinis sounds good to me as well.

I guess one of the first things we need to decide is whether this will be a dive and dine or just a dine. As WT noted dive and dine does limit us to weekends. The other thought I had was we could maybe plan this for January instead of December which so many holiday events. Any thoughts about that???

The only real option for a dive and dine would be a Saturday morning/early afternoon dive or two at Blue Springs followed by dinner on the southside. That would work for me, but I'm local so it's easy. Since we're considering eating up here this time I'd really like to hear from Chris, JP, Wally and others who would need to travel the furthest.

I think WT's suggestion of Dec. 1st is a good option to put out there. I am free that day for either a dive and dine or just dine.

In terms of Steak and Ale, Bynum's or Santorini's, they are all within about 10 minutes of each other and are all in the same ball park price-wise. I'd say take a group vote to determine the winner. Maybe even a poll! My vote would be for Santorini's. My wife and I love the place. I wouldn't have any objections however if others prefer Steak and Ale or Bynum's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom