DIR controversy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plankspanker:
Sooo who wants to go diving with me?
I might, but I'd want to see your gear first ... I'd have to decide if any of it is salvageable ... :browsmile

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks to PMs and Email correspondence with NWGreatfulDiver, I think I have a better understanding of where you all are coming from, and I think we fleshed out some points we can agree on. I would like to apologize if I offended anyone - things got heated and I was frustrated by my own lack of ability to coherently and concisely explain my position. I was merely trying to say that the "golden triangle" isn't where recreational divers go wrong, it is the lack of continued diver training and drilling.

TSandM:
I realized that I trust somebody who has espoused DIR. .

This could be an interesting study....How many non vs DIR have ever shoplifted?......been caught speeding.......told their spouse they'd be home in an hour but stayed out till 2 am?......bounced a check?....go to church?......Or TSandM...did you only mean you trust them diving?

I have never had a ticket in my car EVER, never shoplifted, never bounced a check but do everything else, including break a few laws. As a solo diver, I believe in looking at the "intent of the law"! I think this may very well be the solo profile.

catherine96821:
but do everything else, including break a few laws

wait a minute while i try out my Jamaican accent, mon

i say...

get up, stand up
stand up for your rights

But I put de halcyon pon me back mon, and de change me ways....

Hank49:
This could be an interesting study....How many non vs DIR have ever shoplifted?

i think i've absentmindedly shoplifted a coke before.

......been caught speeding.......

last time was 78 in a 70 zone back in 2001.

told their spouse they'd be home in an hour but stayed out till 2 am?......

haven't done that one.

bounced a check?....

think i've done that once or twice. always sorted it out.

go to church?......

only once or twice in my life.

minnesota01r6:
Thanks to PMs and Email correspondence with NWGreatfulDiver, I think I have a better understanding of where you all are coming from

Bob, do you have the Kool-Aid IV ready? :D

i think it's a vat

TheRedHead:
Bob, do you have the Kool-Aid IV ready? :D

Although I am going to be taking fundies, I still stick to a good Scotch...

Back
Top Bottom