DIR Divers by area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
The advice to "Find a DIR Diver in your area" is given so many times I thought it might be useful to compile a list of divers in different regions that would be willing to provide a little guidance to anyone interested in pursuing this route.

If you are looking for someone to dive with to show you what DIR is all about, look up your area below and find someone local.

If you are willing to offer your services, please provide some way to contact you (PM works), whether you have gear available to borrow, and where you are located. To make things easier to search through, copy the entire list into each post, and add your info in the correct place.

Tom

Northwest

California

Midwest

Name: Tom Judkins

I have an extra set of doubles, regs, wings, and a few sizes of Jets I'd be willing to loan out. I do a lot of dives in Lake Michigan, Ozarks, Mermet Springs, New Melle.

Texas

South

East Coast

Northeast

Northwest

Name: Hunter Lacey

I have some extra stuff, but not a complete kit. I could likely borrow some stuff from friends locally though. I dive around Montana, Yellowstone Park and would be willing to drive a little especially if it's to dive something new.

California

Midwest

I have an extra set of doubles, regs, wings, and a few sizes of Jets I'd be willing to loan out. I do a lot of dives in Lake Michigan, Ozarks, Mermet Springs, New Melle.

Texas

South

East Coast

Northeast

Northwest

I have some extra stuff, but not a complete kit. I could likely borrow some stuff from friends locally though. I dive around Montana, Yellowstone Park and would be willing to drive a little especially if it's to dive something new.

TSandM (Lynne Flaherty)

Training GUE-F, Cave 1, NAUI Helitrox with AG
Lots of spare gear. I enjoy diving with novice divers and introducing people to our system.

California

Midwest

Texas

South

East Coast

Northeast

Northwest

TSandM (Lynne Flaherty)

Lots of spare gear. I enjoy diving with novice divers and introducing people to our system.

California

Midwest

Name: Duane Johnson

I have complete sets of gear for doubles and single tank rigs. I can also do air fills. I'll dive anywhere.

Texas

South

East Coast

Northeast

I dive the wrecks of Lake Michigan and I have extra gear.

US
Northwest

TSandM (Lynne Flaherty)

California

Midwest

Name: Duane Johnson

I have complete sets of gear for doubles and single tank rigs. I can also do air fills. I'll dive anywhere.

Texas

South

East Coast

Northeast

Rest of the World

New Zealand

Name: Andy

Training GUE-F (+some TDI stuff)
I work for our local Halcyon importer, who should be a Fundies instructor by March. Plenty of spare kit to share. Gas is an issue, simply because NZ is a bit backwards about nitrox and trimix.....

OK, as long as we're at it...I have a complete set of everything. Did I mention I also have a full service dive shop with trimix / triox / Nitrox / DUI dry suits / Halcyon BCD's & long hose regs? Also, a 43 ft dive boat operatiing in Resurrection Bay Alaska? Oh yeah...we have a GUE fundamentals instructor too. Please let me know if I can help?? Check out: www.divealaska.net

Last edited:
I am GUE fundies trained.
Dive a lot at Gilboa.
Have extras of single tank setups
Couple sets of Jet's
and access to extra sets of doubles
Ken Hyatt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom