DIR gear at IDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWupnorth

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had any experience showing up at a PADI IDC with a DIR setup. They dont really make you wear a snorkle do they?
I appreciate the input.
Thanks

John

UWupnorth:
Has anyone had any experience showing up at a PADI IDC with a DIR setup. They dont really make you wear a snorkle do they?
I appreciate the input.
Thanks

John
DIR setup is no problem, as long as you know how to use it. (I once had to save one of my students in the pool, because she jumped in with her long hose clipped off and empty wing. she did not remember to use her backup, and could not unclip her primary).
I am afraid you will have to bring a snorkel, as it is one of the basic equipment parts.

Be nice to your fellow candidate if you become a rescue victim. Let the individual go over your gear well before hand and talk the candidate through it as your rig is learned.

TwoBit

You're actually on the wrong forum to get the best possible answer to your question. Try the forums with the same category outside of PSD. PSD and most sport scuba thinking are worlds apart so this may not be the best place.

Good luck in getting the right info.

Gary D.

Back
Top Bottom