DIR Gear Setup Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
How does that work?

I can't remember why I did it but I think I was stuck somewhere and my bolt snap to my SPG had broken off...wierd. Anyway, the only thing that I had was a piece of inner tube. You know...just like on the harness. I first put the SPG through the inner tube loop, then I ran the inner tube thru the eye of the bolt snap and then back over the SPG. It's been there a long time and seems to work...been too lazy to re-tie it.

Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it. Everything has went together smoothly and now I am just looking forward to diving in it to get everything adjusted. A friend invited me over to her house to get my rigged dialed in her pool. Said she doesn't use chlorine, but rather something else which is less harsh.

Looks like I am hijacking my own thread, but is anyone familiar with what this could be and rather or not it would be caustic for my new gear? I of course will be doing the mandatory fresh water rinsing.

jonnythan:
These are just random underwater pics of me from Dutch Springs, but there are a lot of good shots of a single tank DIR setup:

http://www.jonnythan.com/pictures/dutch_7-31-05/

Mind you, there are some pictures there of setups that still need some improvement to be called 100% DIR. (This is not meant as criticism to the divers but as a warning before people might copy everything they see on thos pictures ";-)

Rick Inman:
Try HERE.

(sorry... couldn't help it)
Can't be DIR ... wrong end of the horse ... :11:

(sorry ... me neither ... :D)

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Rick Inman:
Try HERE.

(sorry... couldn't help it)

Is that horse wearing the prototype of the Halcyon Evolve 60?

Stephen Ash:
I'll post some pics in the Hog Forum of a Hog rig and Halcyon cam band weight pockets...I believe, with the exception of using inner tube to hold a few bolt snaps, it would pass the DIR test. As far as I know, the trim pockets would be acceptable...but you would have to ask one of the DIR folks about that.
Thank you for your photos. I hope you don't mind, I emailed a few to a guy on the east coast who was asking about a DIR single set up. You got the credit. :)

You and your posts are valuable assets to Scubaboard.

Randy

Randy43068:
Thank you for your photos. I hope you don't mind, I emailed a few to a guy on the east coast who was asking about a DIR single set up. You got the credit. :)

You and your posts are valuable assets to Scubaboard.

Randy

You're more than welcome to use 'em anyway ya want. I remember when I was putting together my stuff I looked everywhere I could for pics. I always liked Trey's gear pics... http://www.wkpp.org/articles/Gear/equip_moreimages.htm

A while back he had DS4s on his doubles but he switched 'em to TX100s.

Reinoud:
Mind you, there are some pictures there of setups that still need some improvement to be called 100% DIR. (This is not meant as criticism to the divers but as a warning before people might copy everything they see on thos pictures ";-)

Part of the problem with those pictures is that there were four of us on the platform and two of us that are not DIR guys. Jonnythan had the red tank and 11B3Y had the doubles.

Reinoud:
I should have been more clear. I was referring specifically to the pictures of me in the thin wetsuit and red Al80.

Some people might say the knife sheath isn't quite DIR, but oh well :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom