DIR in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gillty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am going to be making a trip to Seattle around the end of April and would like to do some diving while I am in the area. There seems to be a nice contingent of DIR people on this board from Seattle and I am interested in finding people/charters/shops that I could do some diving with while I am up there. If anyone is interested in doing some diving please let me know.

I am also looking through other threads in the Pacific NW forum regarding dive site info but if anyone knows the best web sites for dive site information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

send me a PM with your trip details

Scott

I don't know exactly when you are going to be here (I'm in Mexico from the end of April through May 10 -- Cave 1) but add me to your PM list.

There is a very large contingent of DIR and DIR-compatible divers here. And a ton of good diving. And we're "friendly underwater explorers" for the most part :)

Thanks for all of the responses. My trip is scheduled from April 21 through 25th (working those days). I plan on staying 2 or 3 more days longer (maybe fly back on the 29th) so I can squeeze in some diving. I will PM guys when I have confirmation on the dates.

In the meantime what is everyone's opinion on the best dive sites in your area?

Thanks again,

Gillty

It so depends on what you like.

My favorite dives are Sunrise, Day Island Wall, and the Possession Point ferry. But I dive primarily for sea life, and I love nudibranchs. Other dives are better for structure, and there are some pleasant wrecks. Many sites are quite current-sensitive, and depend a lot on the time and day you're here. Some of the best sites are pretty much boat dives, unless you're into very long swims.

Add me to your list as well ... and I'm thinking Sunday, April 27th would be a good day to plan a San Juan Islands charter. Tides are reasonable and that's a great time of year for it. The boat leaves from Anacortes ... about an hour or so north of Seattle ... for some of the best diving in the area.

If y'all are up for it, I'd be happy to look into availability of one of the SJI charters for that day ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well, I leave for Mexico on the 26th, so I guess we won't meet, but you've got some great folks to dive with already. Have a good trip!

I haven't met Doug or Lynne yet, but I've been Diving with Scott and Bob when I was there on business, and they are two of the best guys I've ever dove with. Thanks for showing me around guys! Who knows, maybe work will send me up again in April...

Tom

Hello,

NWGrateful Diver; I think Sunday the 27th would work great for me. If you could check and see what the costs would be for the charter and what time we would leave and get back. I have to turn in my travel request at work tomorrow and as long as the big bosses approve it then that should work. I can let you know if I am in by this Friday or Saturday.

TSandM, sorry the dates didn't work out to where I could meet you guys. I wish you the best of luck in the Cave 1 class in Mexico. Who is teaching that class?

Thanks for all of the responses.

Gillty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom