DIR Regulator Bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAK52580

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

I have read the DIR manual and had a question as to where to purchase the 1/4" bungee cord that attaches to the secondary reg around one's neck. Is this something that I could simply buy at Home Depot or any hardware store, or is there another place that specializes in selling this stuff?

Also, what is the proper/most efficient way to attach it? Does anyone happen to have a photo of one attached that I can use as a guide? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Marc

I personally found some at a sporting goods store. They kept it there for sling shot replacement 'rubbers' on a big roll. It cost me something like 1.45 for 4'. I did both my reg and my daughters at the same time and use a little for reg tuck straps on my BC.
You can buy a BIG roll of the stuff on ebay. Look it up under "Latex Tubing", "Surgical Tubing", or similiar.
later
db

Most sports centers that carry rock climbing gear will have bungie cord.
i've seen it in both black and white and black striped.

reefscuba has loads of bungee colors and sizes...but it is available at many many other places.

I attach mine by first of all finding the right length cord....tying a small knot in both ends...the secure it with a second zip-tie on the mouthpiece in front of the one that's already on there.

REI has bungee cord for like .15 a foot. Don't bother ordering online unless you are getting other stuff, too or a mile of bungee. West Marine might have some, also.

Got mine at West Marine as well. Buy it by the foot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom