DIR wars...Is it the name?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ian... remember the way you feel now after you have taken (and hopefully passed a DIRf.) That will go a long way toward keeping you from becoming the kind of newly DIRf'd that riles everyone else up.

It won't totally eliminate the tendency since you will be so pumped up and excited that your enthusiasm is bound to bother those who are inclined to deal with feelings of personal inadequacy by raining on other peoples parades... but it will help you to respond to them with compassion and understanding.

No S-drill. Just a lot of arguing.

novadiver:
You were there and have made the judgement, I'll respect that because of your experience. Did these divers do a S-drill or were they that poor to further degrade your judgement of them?

Man, 59 pages? Can't we all just get along? :eyebrow:

Derek S:
Man, 59 pages? Can't we all just get along? :eyebrow:
If you change your options to 40 per page it's only 15 pages!! :D

Kim:
If you change your options to 40 per page it's only 15 pages!! :D

Thank you...that's so much better... :wink:

Glad I decided to DIR with my options... :eyebrow:

BTW all, I FINALLY bought my BP/W yesterday. Can't wait to try it out this weekend! :crafty:

dweeb:
It's a PADI specialty, of course!

You mean a PADI special way of extracting more money from my wallet... :eyebrow:

Derek S:
You mean a PADI special way of extracting more money from my wallet... :eyebrow:
I'm noticing that there's only two more entries before this thread breaks through 60 pages, and I'm thinking, I wish I were giving PADI money right now, anything to be diving rather than waiting for my next class.
Then I'm thinking, this board is keeping me sane because I can read about diving and read the missives of divers, or it's making me more insane because now I have less time between distractions from diving.
And, I notice again that words are popping into my head that I haven't read or used for years. And thoughts crop up too, many of which {you should be grateful} I'm not sharing.
Is scubaboard really good therapy for me?

Tom

Back
Top Bottom