Direct Flight Miami-Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Midge907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Roatan Charters Facebook page stated that American Airlines is going to start direct flights from Miami to Roatan. This got me excited since as a Alaska Air flyer, I can go non-stop Seattle to Miami, and can skip the multiple legs getting to Atlanta:)

starting late november on saturdays, leaves miami around 1pm

American Air is starting a non-stop (different from direct actually, altho people use direct for non-stop in conversation so much, the meanings could change) November 17. TACA would do it for less, but the itinerary sucks with 2 plane changes each way and 1 - 14 hour layover in a country you probably don't want to visit... :eek:

Capture.JPG

Now just looking at possibilities, on Matrix.itasoftware.com I don't see the advantage from Seattle? Depending on the dates desired, you can fly United with only 1 plane change, no airline change, and while with a 7 hour layover going - you probably can't avoid that anyway - and do the whole trip for $60 less than the MIA-RTB trip alone...!

Capture3.jpg

So are you originating in Seattle or Anchorage? Any reason you want to go thru Miami...??

Airline loyalties and Frequent Flyer programs just aren't worth the trouble anymore, IMO - nothing like around 1990. Ah the sweet days. :pilot:

I originate out of Fairbanks. The last time I went, I had to go Fairbanks-Anchorage, Anchorage-St.Paul, St.Paul-Atlanta, overnight in Atlanta. Then Atlanta-Roatan. Costing me $89 in a hotel for the evening. I flew for only 35000 miles using Alaska Air-Delta. On the way back I had to overnight in Chicago. I have flown to Miami a few times, and it includes a quick inteniary of Fairbanks-Seattle, Seattle Miami, landing in Miami at 7 a.m. I prefer stays in Miami, way over Atlanta if I have ot overnight. If I cant go on Airline Miles or companion fare, I dont go. Alaska Air still has a decent mileage program, and I usually have miles to burn.

If I cant go on Airline Miles or companion fare, I dont go.
Ok, I might look at more possibilities and see something you missed, but that statement kicks me out. Spending FF miles is so difficult any more, but if you can find the flights - then the usual fare costs in dollars is irrelevant. Have a nice trip. :pilot:

Never knew this would be an issue. Is Miami really that bad when it comes to customs? Is it because there is a lot of small island flights coming in and out???
I agree with that. It takes much longer to get through customs at Miami than Atlanta or Houston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom