Directions to Falling Rock Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbd

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Most of those going to Falling Rock this weekend will be arriving via either I-71 or I-64. For those on I-71 you will head north on Ky 53 by taking exit 22 at Lagrange. For those folks who will be on I-64 you will head north on Ky 53 by taking exit 35 and heading to and through Shelbyville and on to Lagrange.

In either case follow Ky 53 through Lagrange. At the court house square you will need to be in the left hand lane and you will be at a four way stop intersection. Go straight through the intersection and look for the dive flag signs I will post on the right hand side of the road. There will be one the indicates where to turn LEFT on Fendley Mill Rd. Please drive with care on Fendley Mill Rd. It is narrow hilly and has several very sharp curves. The entrance to the quarry will be on your left.

Sorry I don't have the mileage but I didn't get down there this weekend due to family obligations and work.

PM me if you need more help.

The mileage from Innerspace to Falling Rock Park is 63 miles.
Highway 53 in Shelbyville has 2 turns. The first is a left by the McDonalds. The second is a right once thru Shelbyville at the end of the one-way. JUST FOLLOW THE 53 SIGNS.

Once in LaGrange you will cross a 4-way that also has railroad tracks going down the center of the road. Just after that there will be a 4-way again but with a flashing caution light. You can either go straight and turn left onto fendley mill road about 2 1/2 miles down or turn LEFT at the caution light, then a few hundred yards down ther road turn RIGHT onto 4 str. 4 str. is also Fendley Mill road.

DO NOT SPEED on this road. It has some very sharp suprising turns.

Back
Top Bottom