Disappointed with Citizen Aqualand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use an JP1090 regularly when diving. In both salty and sweet water. It does have one problem which can cause the ER flash. If you get grime/sweat/wet the sensor on the right side of the watch it can thing that it's going into dive mode, and can spaz out. So I occasionally wipe the sensor.

So far, I love the watch, it's a great backup gauge, gives all of the needed info, I just use the computer for deco signals. And my Aqualand for anything else.

Here's mine.
IMG_20200310_102845.jpg

p.s. The time is not off, I just use it to display two different time zones. Hands are HOME time, and the dial is current time when I'm traveling. Great feature if you ask me!

Eduardo,

I am familiar with your Aqualand model. As a last-ditch effort it won't hurt to install a fresh battery, follow again the complete reset procedure (i.e unscrew and pull fully out the crown, press the three buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds, wait to hear two beeps and finally push back in the crown). If after this attempt the display still shows the ER reading, I am afraid the pressure sensor needs to be replaced.

After installing a fresh new battery, the problem is still there. Next step will be official service.

If you get grime/sweat/wet the sensor on the right side of the watch it can thing that it's going into dive mode, and can spaz out. So I occasionally wipe the sensor.
My 20 year old Citizen Hyper Aqualand does exactly that. If the wet sensor is wet or dirty it thinks I'm diving or swimming but eventually goes into error mode.
My Citizen Cyber Aqualand NX had the same problem.

It's a known problem with aqualands. But still, I trust this watch as I trust my Dive computer.
It hasn't had any problems, and shows the time and depths more precise.

And would always use it as a backup.

I don't know what you consider expensive but in the world of watches Citizen service in Los Angeles is fast, cheap and very good. I have used them twice and been very happy with the service. They will likely put in a new movement, but I have never sent in an aqualand model.

love the ecozilla. have it in SS and titanium.

Me too, one Titanium Ecozilla and two of the stainless steel 'Zillas. I have titanium strap adapters on one of the SS Ecozillas. Love them.

James

Back
Top Bottom