Disassembling doubles for hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, it's a staggering sum of $200 at his shop, but in understand what you are saying. There is plenty of good videos out there to guide him through a proper assembl .

I think he needs a new shop...

Point taken.

My lds won't sell a ( tech)bp/w rig, I have 9 friends I've set up, nope, lds don't need their money,
You can tell by the lambo parked out in the owners spot.

The separate hydro place in my area doesn't dry tanks right. If I don't take them immediately to be VIPd, they get flash rust then they need to be tumbled. (Steel)

Not worth the cost savings for me.

The separate hydro place in my area doesn't dry tanks right. If I don't take them immediately to be VIPd, they get flash rust then they need to be tumbled. (Steel).

That's a thing with most hydro shops.... And when you say "immediately", that's accurate.

Was that $200 inclusive?

If so, 2 tanks O2 cleaned, 3 valve service with o2 cleaned, VIP and Hydro on 2 tanks and assembled PROPERLY, isn’t that outrageous.. maybe on the expensive end.

If it’s just to ‘deal with’ doubles, PLUS hydro, VIP, O2 cleaning, then yeah, go to another shop..

_R

My lds won't sell a ( tech)bp/w rig, I have 9 friends I've set up, nope, lds don't need their money,
You can tell by the lambo parked out in the owners spot.

"Sure". Every LDS owner drives a Lambo. Mine OTOH drives a McClaren P1. I drive a Bentley. Pete @The Chairman drives a Rolls. This is industry is so profitable, it's incredible. Dive Stores are opening up all over the place because it's so lucrative.

I guess I've seen a lot more stupid things from a lds. But I can't think of a reason for the lds not to do the vip, have you assemble, and bring back to fill.
I have a shop like this near me (unfortunately the closest one too). If you bring in an empty tank they won't fill it without performing a VIP even if it has a current VIP. If you bring them two brand new singles and ask them to VIP them but not fill them because you want to take them home and assemble them as doubles they won't VIP them and won't fill them unless you let them take them apart themselves (again), VIP them and then fill them. When the level of officiousness rises to a level that is beyond the pale (I'll call it tank monkey stage 3) then the only option left is to vote with your wallet and go elsewhere (or setup a fill station). I thought I was being slick by doing the PSI thing for the times when I wasn't filling my own tanks, but they figured that one out and stopped accepting PSI VIP stickers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom