"Discover Diving" LDS in Maryland

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Any divers have any experience with "Discover Diving" in Salisbury, Maryland? The owner, Alfred MacMillan is now going to be doing the training since his recent instructors have relocated out of state. He seems to be very friendly, enthusiastic, and accommodating. He’s willing to work around your schedule, which is great! This is an SSI agency. He states that "in our 12 years we have certified over 1000 local Divers." If any one has any experience with them, I’d love to hear it!

Thanks.

chincoteague diver:
Any divers have any experience with "Discover Diving" in Salisbury, Maryland? The owner, Alfred MacMillan is now going to be doing the training since his recent instructors have relocated out of state. He seems to be very friendly, enthusiastic, and accommodating. He’s willing to work around your schedule, which is great! This is an SSI agency. He states that "in our 12 years we have certified over 1000 local Divers." If any one has any experience with them, I’d love to hear it!

Thanks.
Never heard of him, but then again I live in Columbia, MD and wouldn't have in my short diving life. You give him a pretty glowing review so far. How bad could it be?

What training are you going for?

Chris

I'm just going for my ow cert so far. I've met him once and heard from him by email once. I'm going today to talk again about getting started with the classes. I'm excited, my husband, not so much. I'm not pushing to him take it. He wants to but doesn't want to spend the time or money... (don't know how he's expecting to do it then! :lol: ) Anyway we should be able to work something out I hope. I'm so excited to get started!

Hi Sheryl,
Check out Pirate Scuba, Route 50 in ocean city, also on the web. They offer SDI and PADI open water certs as well as gear and support.
Eric

I can't speak to the local instruction but it sounds like you are getting good vibes.

As for your husband, you are correct not to push him. My wife was similar, she wanted to join me in the adventure but was not the driver. She makes about 1/2 as many dives and passed on winter divnig up here, which is all fine and good. She enjoys the sport and the time we share bit is not obsessed like I am. Now that things are warming up she is just as likely to say, "when can we dive"?

The quality of instruction can have a huge impact on the future entusiasm you each have for the sport.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom