Disgusted...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, in Florida all this lives under a pier, a low effort shore dive, checkout 4m:30s and later

Well, this is what happens under a shore dive pier in Maui. I don't reside there either...

Well, in Raja Ampat you just never know what you are going to see under a pier. This guy was swimming right under my fins:

Last edited:
It was a pleasure diving with you at Lake Travis bud. The lake dives are better here in Texas than the offshore stuff. I'm sorry your Flower Gardens trip didn't go but there were other options. Lake Travis, Medina lake, Canyon lake, Reverie peak ranch in Marble falls, The Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, The Scuba Ranch in Terrel, the Comal river in New Braunfels. There a lot of opportunities to dive Texas; they just aren't out in the ocean.

Vancouver 7 miles out is about 55 feet, West Bank is 8 miles out in 60 feet with the top at 40. Rig 393 is 22 miles out with 85-90, va foggy liberty ship reef is 105-115.

The visibility is completely variable. We once dove the Vancouver with 40-50 feet of visibility. The next time it was like 2 feet. Similarly, On the va foggy liberty ship reef, The Shaw had 5 foot of visibility while star reef a hundred yards away had 20-30 feet.

West Bank is where we are going next. The theory is that the ridge is above the murk line. We shall see. It is in state waters.

We sometimes do a drift dive 15 miles out in 75-80 deep water instead of doing Lake Travis for the aow deep dive.

It was a pleasure diving with you at Lake Travis bud. The lake dives are better here in Texas than the offshore stuff. I'm sorry your Flower Gardens trip didn't go but there were other options. Lake Travis, Medina lake, Canyon lake, Reverie peak ranch in Marble falls, The Blue Lagoon in Huntsville, The Scuba Ranch in Terrel, the Comal river in New Braunfels. There a lot of opportunities to dive Texas; they just aren't out in the ocean.

Thanks Jason! Maybe we can do it again this winter! I have a thicker wet suit now LOL. I'll be staying near Medina Lake for 2 weeks in February. Livingston in January for a month...

Vancouver 7 miles out is about 55 feet, West Bank is 8 miles out in 60 feet with the top at 40. Rig 393 is 22 miles out with 85-90, va foggy liberty ship reef is 105-115.

The visibility is completely variable. We once dove the Vancouver with 40-50 feet of visibility. The next time it was like 2 feet. Similarly, On the va foggy liberty ship reef, The Shaw had 5 foot of visibility while star reef a hundred yards away had 20-30 feet.

West Bank is where we are going next. The theory is that the ridge is above the murk line. We shall see. It is in state waters.

We sometimes do a drift dive 15 miles out in 75-80 deep water instead of doing Lake Travis for the aow deep dive.

Do you do any trips in January or February? I know the weather is hit or miss...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom