Dismantle a greenforce HID head ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trappist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an old HID 50 head and the light just died today... Does anyone know how to dismantle it to change the bulb ?
I have found the bulb and even the ballast needed but I have not found the way to take the head apart and get the light "bulb" out. There is apparently no way to unscrew the widest part, only side where the light can actually be taken out.... Anyone has clues ? My bro had a more recent one and was able to actually unscrew the top, I can't find the way to do it.

FYI - light head is one of the first HID GF came out with, it does not have protection on the top like the new ones, but has 3 huge and thick O rings... Hope this helps. I can post pictures if needed.

Hope someone did it for me !

i just purchased a Green Force Flexi I with a HID 50F off of ebay for 255. I was wondering do you know the lumens that it puts out. I havent received it yet but I am excited to try it out. how do you like your green force?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom