Disturbing trend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I don’t think that I’ll miss Genesis at all; all he liked to do is argue, rant and rave. But as a community I think Scubaboard needs to discuss the issue. The recent trend of disappearing threads related to the issue is disturbing. If theses threads are being pulled without explanation one can only think, what else is. IMO the mods should confine it to one thread, let everyone blow of steam and get over it so we can move on.

Mike

They are being pulled because SB will not tolerate abuse of its members, even if
they are unpopular. Please refrain from making personal attacks, and the thread will
not be pulled.

I think the disturbing trend is things just disappearing with no explanation or indication.

H2Andy:
They are being pulled because SB will not tolerate abuse of its members, even if
they are unpopular. Please refrain from making personal attacks, and the thread will
not be pulled.

That perhaps would explain why individual posts are pulled, but not why entire threads disappear. The latest post I saw pulled started out saying “management” should work things out with Genesis, how was that a personal attack?

All users don't always see the way the thread degenerates before it is pulled. Also, depending on which Moderator responds,
the "pull" threshold may be different. This is not a perfect method, but it's the best we have at the moment.

Northeastwrecks:
Why is it disturbing?

I take my trash out on a regular basis. This strikes me as very similar.

Not when it's someone else deciding what of yours is trash and throwing it out for you.

glbirch:
Not when it's someone else deciding what of yours is trash and throwing it out for you.

unfortunately, someone has to enforce the TOS. I don't
think the trash analogy is valid.

Genesis is a case in point as to what many users considered
"trash" that were not pulled because they were not in violation
of the TOS.

MikeS:
I don’t think that I’ll miss Genesis at all; all he liked to do is argue, rant and rave.

Genesis was banned? If so, that's too bad...he often contributed a lot of good info.

Because people just disappear and other users just have to sort of figure out that he's gone. Entire threads disappear - very often threads that call into question moderators' actions.

The last two threads I saw disappear brought up some good points and objections. Then.. just like that... they're gone.

I can understand deleting posts that celebrate someone's banning and makes fun of them, but not the entire thread. There's simply stuff that disappears that, well, shouldn't. Obviously I can't do anything about it, but I would like to emphatically state my displeasure and disappointment with the manner in which this board is run. I personally think it borders on disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom