Dive 8/8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to Pepper's Park in Ft Pierce in the morning. (Sunday)

Al

Thanks Al but that is a little bit of a hike for me. I', south of Coral Springs.

But thank you for the invite. perhaps next time.

Dive Safely

Joe

Arrived at Hibiscus St. to find Big Sage geared up and ready to go. Water looked flat with small breakers rolling in at the shore line. Current was small and moving us north, so we dropped down and headed south. Viz was close to 15' and the surge was pushing us around. The only thing missing was the music from Jail House Rock ( I know, I' dating myself). Saw a nice size Hog fish, tried to net him/her but it did not want anything to do with us. NO lobsters. Ran into a nice size Turtle. Headed north and got a good bearing on our exit. In spite of the heavy surge we hit our mark.
Krista came in to the water and took our fins, flag and my lobster gear. Krista, I Thank you very much for that act of kindness.

It was nice to meet Krista, H2Andy and SmokeAire. Putting a face to names is always nice. Marvel, always a pleasure to see you and appreciate letting us dive in your back yard.

Dive Safely

Joe

CHEGdiver:
With a little more notice I might have joined you Al. Maybe next time.

How was it?

Ft Pierce turned out to be a bust. The water really looked murky. I talked to the lifeguard, and he said the vis was probably a foot or two. He said it started getting all churned up on Saturday. Since I had my 13 yr old daughter with me, I decided not to even attempt it. The lifeguard recommended Bathtub Reef in Martin County.

I drove down to Bathtub reef, and the place was packed with swimmers and surfers. Since I wasn't familiar with Bathtub Reef, and the water didn't look that great either... I aborted and decided to go to my favorite reliable dive spot... Blue Heron Bridge.

The vis at Blue Heron was probably 15-20 feet. Not the greatest. The nice thing about Blue Heron is I always see something new or interesting. Yesterday I saw a Decorator Crab. At first I thought it was a piece of fuzz with small sponges on it floating around, but then I looked at it closer... and it was moving. I tooked several pictures of it (I hope they come out). At first I thought it was a banded coral shirmp with stuff growing on it... but after I got out of the water, I mentioned it to one of my dive buddies from Melbourne, and he said it was a Decorator Crab. I looked it up... and sure enough.. it was...

After getting myself rinsed off, who did I see coming out of the water? BaitedStorm. It was nice to see her again..

Overall... I had a great trip... I left the house at 8AM and got back at 6PM. It was a long trip that was originally planned to get me home shortly after lunch... Oh well... Seeing the Decorator Crab made it all worth it.

Al

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom